It has been tried and tested, and while it’s hard to completely eliminate cellulite, this body scrub works particularly well. The properties in coffee have been found to help diminish the appearance of cellulite and is a popular ingredient for many DIY body scrubs. The tiny granules are gentle on the skin, while still being effective at removing dead cells from the skin’s surface. And who can’t resist the aroma of a cup of coffee? The added benefit of collagen and coconut oil in the recipe will keep your skin healthy, hydrated and super-smooth.
- 1/2 cup fresh coffee grounds
- 1 tbsp collagen
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, warmed
- Add the coffee grounds, collagen and hot water to a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- Add the coconut oil. If needed, add more coffee grounds or more oil to get the consistency right.
- When you’re satisfied with the consistency, place the mixture into a jar until ready to use.
- When using, apply the coffee grounds to wet skin and scrub, ideally leave on the skin for 5 minutes prior to removing. Rinse off and pat dry.
The New Year period is a fantastic opportunity that we can all take to reflect upon the healthy living choices we make in our daily lives and how we can make informed, positive health choices in the future to improve overall quality of life. However, I feel we can all probably think of a time that health 'resolutions' and the well-intentioned goals that we set have been unsustainable for a range of reasons. Too often we find we are unintentionally setting ourselves up for failure…
Collagen is made up of 18 amino acids and is the most abundant protein in our body, making up around 30% of total human protein content. It is essential as it helps build strong fibres and connective tissue in our bodies. For this reason, collagen is commonly referred to as the ‘glue’ holding the body together as it ensures the integrity, elasticity and regeneration of our connective tissues.