Vegan Pina Colada Energy Bites
Vegan Piña Colada Energy Bites
Packed with island flavours of pineapple and coconut, these non-baking Vegan Pina Colada Energy Bites are perfect for a filling and delectable snack!
These energy bites are a vegan alternative to protein balls that are full of nutritious and delicious ingredients to support your:
~ Gut health
~ Skin, hair and nail health
~ Enhances your body’s natural collagen production.
This recipe only has a preparation time of approximately 5-10 minutes and its ingredients can easily be adjustable to suit your taste and dietary requirements. And no baking required!
This recipe content will make approximately 20 energy bites depending on the size of energy bites when your roll the mixture.
- 1 cup toasted coconut (3/4 for mixture, ¼ for coating of the energy bites)
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- ½ cup dried pineapple
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 cup of gluten-free rolled oats
- 5 pitted dates
- 2 Tbsp of agave
- 2 Tbsp of Nutraviva's Vegan Collagen Alternative
- Soak dates in boiling water for 5 minutes until it softens.
- Combine the dried pineapple and water into a small microwaveable bowl and heat for 20 seconds. Allow it to cool enough to handle.
- Add the rolled oats, macadamia nuts and ½ cup of the coconut into a food processor and pulse until ingredients become nicely chopped but not into a paste.
- Add and blend the dates, pineapple, agave and Vegan Collagen ingredients into the mixture until it begins to clump. Add water to the mixture to help bind the mixture together.
- Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls and coat with the remaining ¼ cup of dried coconut. Store these energy bites in the refrigerator to set for 30 minutes. These vegan protein bites can last up to a week in an airtight container or zip-lock in the refrigerator.
There you have it – a perfect vegan snack for anytime of the day!
Written by Hannah Cross, Content Collaborator, Nutraviva