Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Make a healthy Vietnamese pho broth at home using our NesProteins Original Beef Bone Broth. This simple recipe supports gut health and can also help to support the immune system. Add your favourite vegetables, protein of choice and herbs for a delicious and nutritious pho.
- 6 cups water
- 3-4 tbsp NesProteins Original Beef Bone Broth powder.
- 2 onions peeled and sliced
- 4-5 whole carrots chopped up
- 3-4 cloves of garlic peeled and smashed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- ¼ tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 3 star anise
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 200g rice noodles, or egg noodles
- 1 lemongrass stalk, chopped
- 2 cm piece ginger sliced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 300g beef thinly sliced, pork or chicken, or firm tofu chopped into cubes
- fresh chilli
- a few mint or basil leaves
- bean sprouts
- In a large stock pot, add in the water, NesProteins Original Beef Bone broth, onion, carrots, garlic cloves, cinnamon sticks, coriander seeds, black peppercorns, caster sugar and star anise.
- Bring the broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and let broth simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain the broth and discard the solids. Return the broth to the stove to keep warm.
- Cook the rice noodles per packet instructions and keep aside.
- If using meat, pan fry and set aside
- In soup bowls, prepare each serving by adding noodles to the bottom and some of the broth.
- Top each bowl with desired amount of toppings, including protein, and enjoy.