Steph Batho's Gluten Free Banana Pancakes
Steph Batho’s Gluten Free Banana Pancakes
Steph created this recipe whilst developing a range of recipes designed as pre-workout fuel, perfect for her training schedule. This protein rich recipe is ideal not only as a pre-workout snack but is a super easy way of incorporating naturally protein rich collagen hydrolysate into cooking. They are the perfect treat for the whole family and are also lunch box friendly.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup gluten-free self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (flax meal)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Nutraviva Collagen Hydrolysate powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or rice malt syrup or honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup mash banana (1 medium banana)
- 1 cup almond milk (or coconut).
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, flax meal, cinnamon, collagen hydrolysate powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, vanilla, mashed banana, and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and gently mix until combined.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, melt butter (Steph chooses to use Nuttelex) or coconut oil and begin to cook the pancakes.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until they start to bubble around the edges and flip. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Allow to cool and then serve!
Check out Steph Batho’s Instagram or her website, A Zest for Life with Steph, to find out more about Steph’s passion for wellness, sustainability, more deliciously nourishing recipes and food prep tips, and her own personal health and fitness journey.
Check out our premium collagen powder product range here