We have taken one of our favourite gluten free bread recipes and made it even better. With 12g of Collagen Hydrolysate, it tastes great and is fantastic for sandwiches or as toast!
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 cup warm milk (about 40ºC) of choice (nut milk, fresh coconut milk or raw goat or cow’s milk)
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tbsp Collagen Hydrolysate
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup butter or ghee melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- In a small bowl, combine warm milk, sugar and yeast. Stir and dissolve the yeast and allow the yeast mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixer bowl that attaches to a stand up mixer, combine the gluten free all purpose flour, collagen hydrolysate and salt and turn the mixer on low and for a few seconds to blend.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour and blend on low for 30 seconds.
- Add in butter and eggs and blend on low scraping the sides as needed. Blend until dough is well blended, about 30 seconds.
- Turn the mixer on high and beat for 3 minutes or until the batter becomes smooth.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and allow the dough to rise in a warm place for an hour. I heated my oven up to 40ºC and then turned the oven off and placed it in the oven for an hour.
- Grease a 24cm x 10cm bread pan with coconut oil or butter. Stir the dough after it has risen for an hour and gently place it into the prepared bread pan.
- Cover with a piece of greased plastic wrap and loosely lay it on top and allow the bread to rise in a warm place for another 20-30 minutes or until the loaf rises just to the top of the loaf pan.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and bake the bread for 40-50 minutes. The bread will be golden brown on top and have a hard shell.
Please note: this recipe has been tested to work without brown rice flour. It has not been tested any other way and I highly recommend that you follow this recipe exactly as written with no substitutions.
Recipe Adapted From Wholelife nutrition